Monday, April 28, 2014

How Lime Cured My Bacne

Recently I just discovered the wonderful thing that can cure my bacne for good.

A little bit about me, I have had bacne for about 10 years now. And I'm not talking 1 or 2, but ALL over my back, mostly around my shoulder blades and upper back area.

It is painful and it is embarrassing. I would like to tell you to not be embarrassed about it. And it really is not a personal hygiene issue. Because I shower everyday, sometimes twice a day in summer, and my bacne just won't wash away with every shower time. I would like to tell you, just as I told myself repeatedly, that it is not something to be embarrassed about. But it really is. I don't want people to see my bacne, I want them to go away.

What I realized also is that bacne is much harder to cure than acne on your face. I have successfully got rid of acne on  my face (more on that later!). And my scar also went away. But on my back? That's a different story.

The hard thing about bacne is that it is on your back. It is hard to reach, hard to apply cream or wash it constantly.

And the first thing you should learn about acne is that you should not pop it or touch it, to keep it from getting infected. Infected acne gets bigger and definitely will leave a big scar. That's easy to do when the acne is on your face right? But on your back? Your shirt, your bra, and your backpack straps are constantly rubbing against your pimples. It hurts, and it will definitely leave you with ugly scars.

Not only that, I can't sleep on my stomach, because I find it very hard to breath that way. So at night, my back is rubbed against the bed also.

All these reasons combined just make my bacne getting worse and worse. And all my effort went down the drain, literally.

I was so desperate that I actually went to a spa, dropped $500 on a kit that includes a shower gel, treatment cream and some Vitamin C serum to put on my back. That was $500 wasted.

I tried Neutrogena body wash, using a loofah to exfoliate my skin too. I didn't notice a different. Well it does keep my skin a little dryer, but other than that I didn't notice a big difference.

The one thing that kind of worked for me was the Apple Cider Vinegar method. I used undiluted vinegar on my back after shower. For first time user though, definitely use diluted vinegar or test it for any reaction first.


The vinegar dried out my pimples so fast I couldn't believe it. Right after I put it on, I could feel it right away on my back. Kinda like a burning sensation, but not that bad really. It would burn like hell if you have an open wound, like if you popped a pimple recently, keep the vinegar away from it! But otherwise if the pimple is still under your skin, covered, and not open, it shouldn't feel painful at all.

The thing about vinegar though, is that it smells so bad, and the smell just lingers on your body and in the bathroom. I was living in a dorm, having roommates and all. And I just gave up, because the smell is even more embarrassing.

Years later, I stumbled across a post about curing acne and bacne with Lime Juice. And it was like, duh, why didn't I think of it earlier?

It has the acid needed, but without the smell! It actually smells very fresh and yummy.
Use Lime Juice to Treat acne and bacne
Lime juice is a natural treatment for acne and bacne


Apply Lime Juice on Skin


The acidic nature of lime juice has a lot of benefits when it comes to treating acne.


First off, its acid helps dries out the pimple, and kill the bacteria.

Secondly, the acid is also said to help brighten up any scars that are left behind.

And then each lime is packed with Vitamin C. So unlike the vinegar, lime juice can also nurture your skin, like a serum or lotion.

Lastly, while commercially made toner and cream has preservatives, treating acne with lime juice is 100 % natural and without any chemical. This is if you use juice from freshly squeezed lime, not the bottle kind. I read that the bottled lime juice works just as well, it's just I like the scent of fresh lime better.

So to use lime on your pimple, just apply directly diluted lime juice on the spots. Because I use mine diluted, I just pour some lime juice into my hands, and throw it on my back without worry too much about hitting each spot individually.


Drinking Lime Juice to detoxify your body internally

Besides treating your skin on the surface, it's always good to treat it from the inside as well. Lime is packed with Vitamin C and is said to detoxify your body. The best way to take it is to mix half a lime with a big glass of water. Drink this first thing in the morning when you get up.

Adding water and vitamin to your body is a great way of cleansing out your body and keep everything healthy, including your skin.



Using Lime as a conditioner


Now girls, a big cause of bacne is using too much conditioner, which moisturize your hair and make your skin oily at the same time! I noticed that my bacnes are mostly located on my upper back, where my hair ended.


So conditioner residue could be causing my bacne all along. So I tried to not use conditioner any more, but then my hair dries out and got a lot of split ends.

But what a lot of us didn't know is that diluted lime juice is also a wonderful conditioner. How so? Because our hair actually grows healthier in a relatively low pH level or slightly acidic pH. Soap and shampoo are usually alkaline based, which means they leave your hair with a high pH level. The acidic nature of lime will balance out the pH of your hair.

Enough with the chemistry. Basically what I did is mixing half a lime juice in a jar of water, and keep the jar in my shower. It's good for a couple of days.

Then after shampooing my hair like usual, I just pour this juice over my hair and rub it in. Be sure to keep your eyes close because it would sting if it gets into your eyes. Then rinse again with water.

With this comes the surprisingly soft hair, and no residue. I use the same lime juice on my back anyway, so it's not a big deal if it touches my skin while I rinse the hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment